Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://repositorio.unicamp.br/jspui/handle/REPOSIP/310965
Type: DISSERTAÇÃO
Degree Level: Mestrado
Title: Adaptação dos instrumentos "the interstitial cystitis symptom index and problem index" e "pelvic pain and urgency/frequency (PUF) patient symptom scale" para a cultura brasileira : Adaptation of the questionnaire "the interstitial cystitis symptom index and problem index" and "pelvic pain and urgency/frequency (PUF) patient symptom scale" to the brazilian culture
Title Alternative: Adaptation of the questionnaire "the interstitial cystitis symptom index and problem index" and "pelvic pain and urgency/frequency (PUF) patient symptom scale" to the brazilian culture
Author: Fernandes, Marcella Lima Victal, 1986-
Advisor: Lopes, Maria Helena Baena de Moraes, 1959-
Abstract: Resumo: Objetivou-se traduzir, adaptar para a cultura brasileira e avaliar as medidas psicométricas de confiabilidade de teste-reteste e validade discriminante dos instrumentos "The Interstitial Cystitis Symptom Index and Problem Index" (The O'Leary-Sant) e "Pelvic Pain and Urgency/Frequency (PUF) Patient Symptom Scale" utilizados no diagnóstico de cistite intersticial. Foram realizadas as etapas metodológicas recomendadas pela literatura internacional para a adaptação cultural. As etapas de tradução, síntese das traduções e retro-tradução foram realizadas satisfatoriamente e a avaliação das versões síntese, pelo comitê de especialistas resultou em algumas alterações, assegurando as equivalências entre as versões originais e traduzidas. O "PUF" foi pré-testado entre 40 sujeitos e o "The O'Leary-Sant" em uma amostra de 50 indivíduos devido a necessidade de ajustes em decorrência da baixa escolaridade da população. O processo de tradução e adaptação foi realizado com sucesso e os instrumentos, após as modificações, demonstraram ser de fácil compreensão e rápido preenchimento. A estabilidade foi avaliada usando-se teste-reteste, com intervalo de 3 a 7 dias entre as duas aplicações. Para verificar a validade discriminante foram usados três grupos: um de pacientes com cistite intersticial (CI), e dois grupos controles: um formado por indivíduos com pelo menos um sintoma indicativo de CI (controle 1) e outro por pessoas sem sintomas (controle 2). O teste-reteste foi aplicado a 24 pacientes com CI (grupo de estudo). O coeficiente de correlação intra-classe (CCI) foi de 0,56, IC: 95% (0,21-0,78) para o índice de sintomas do "The O'Leary-Sant", 0,48, IC: 95% (0,10-0,73) para o índice de problemas do "The O'Leary-Sant" e de 0,49, IC: 95% (0,12-0,74) para o PUF. Para a análise da validade discriminante entre os grupos utilizou-se o teste exato de Fisher e odds ratio para identificar as diferenças. O p-valor <0,0001 indicou que, considerando um nível de significância de 5%, a hipótese nula foi rejeitada, isto é, houve indícios de que pelo menos dois grupos eram diferentes em relação à proporção de casos com cistite intersticial. Concluiu-se que os dois instrumentos analisados não atingiram valor adequado para confiabilidade, o que gera a necessidade de futuros estudos de análises de medidas psicométricas em uma amostra maior de pacientes com cistite intersticial

Abstract: The objective was to translate, adapt to the Brazilian culture and to evaluate psychometric measures of test-retest reliability and discriminant validity of the instruments "The Interstitial Cystitis Symptom Index and Problem Index" (The O'Leary-Sant) and "Pelvic Pain and Urgency/Frequency (PUF) Patient Symptom Scale" used in the diagnosis of interstitial cystitis. We made the methodological steps recommended by the international literature for cultural adaptation. The steps of translation, synthesis of translations and back-translation were performed satisfactorily and evaluation the versions of the synthesis by the committee of experts has resulted in some changes, ensuring the equivalence between the original and translated versions. The "PUF" was pre-tested among 40 subjects and "The O'Leary-Sant" in a sample of 50 individuals due to the need for adjustments due to the low education population. The translation and adaptation process was successful and the instruments, after changes, proved easy to understand and fill quickly. However, this is a study prior to the validation process and will be pressing the use of the instrument in new research to be assessed its measurement properties. The stability of test-retest was evaluated using intervals of 3 to 7 days between the two applications. To check the discriminant validity were used three groups: patients with interstitial cystitis (IC), and two control groups: one composed of individuals with at least one symptom of CI (control 1) and another for those without symptoms (control 2). The test-retest was administered to 24 patients with IC (study group). The Intraclass Correlation Coefficient (ICC) was 0.56, IC: 95% (0.21-0.78) for the index of symptoms of "The O'Leary-Sant", 0.48, IC: 95% (0.10-0.73) for the index of issues of "The O'Leary-Sant" and 0.49, IC: 95% (0.12-0.74) for PUF. For the analysis of discriminant validity between groups used the Fisher exact test and odds ratios to identify the differences. The p-value <0.0001 indicated that, considering a significance level of 5%, the null hypothesis is rejected, ie, there were signs that at least two different groups were compared to the proportion of patients with interstitial cystitis. It was concluded that the two instruments analyzed did not reach the appropriate value for reliability, which creates the need for future studies of analyzes of psychometric measures in a larger sample of patients with interstitial cystitis
Subject: Cistite intersticial
Diagnóstico
Questionários
Comparação transcultural
Language: Português
Editor: [s.n.]
Citation: FERNANDES, Marcella Lima Victal. Adaptação dos instrumentos "the interstitial cystitis symptom index and problem index" e "pelvic pain and urgency/frequency (PUF) patient symptom scale" para a cultura brasileira: Adaptation of the questionnaire "the interstitial cystitis symptom index and problem index" and "pelvic pain and urgency/frequency (PUF) patient symptom scale" to the brazilian culture. 2012. 122 p. Dissertação (mestrado) - Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Faculdade de Ciências Médicas, Campinas, SP. Disponível em: <http://www.repositorio.unicamp.br/handle/REPOSIP/310965>. Acesso em: 20 ago. 2018.
Date Issue: 2012
Appears in Collections:FCM - Tese e Dissertação

Files in This Item:
File SizeFormat 
Fernandes_MarcellaLimaVictal_M.pdf3.85 MBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.