Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Type: Artigo de periódico
Title: The Use Of Synthetic Plaster Casting Tape For Hand And Wrist Splints.
Author: Mazon, C
Ulson, H J
Davitt, M
Laurito, F
Jacob, L G
von Glehn, V
Abstract: In a prospective study, 40 patients were fitted with synthetic plaster splints to assess the use of such material for hand and/or wrist splints. Factors assessed in both splint fabrication and use included molding properties, elastic traction fixation, weight, ventilation, durability, patient comfort, effectiveness, practicability, time, and cost. The patients were divided into three groups according to basic pathology: tendon/nerve injuries; bone and joint disorders; and rheumatoid disease deformities. Recovery of 50-100% of active range of motion was considered a good result. Good results were obtained in 37 patients (92.5%), whereas in the remaining three patients (7.5%) the results were poor. It is suggested that synthetic plaster is a suitable material for the fabrication of splints in hand rehabilitation.
Subject: Adolescent
Casts, Surgical
Hand Deformities
Hand Injuries
Metacarpophalangeal Joint
Middle Aged
Range Of Motion, Articular
Wrist Joint
Citation: Journal Of Hand Therapy : Official Journal Of The American Society Of Hand Therapists. v. 9, n. 4, p. 391-3
Rights: fechado
Appears in Collections:Unicamp - Artigos e Outros Documentos

Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.